Make MI Farm Cooperative YOUR Cooperative!
Our customers have the advantage of making purchases directly from farmers, while at the same time, receiving the convenience of one central shopping location, one invoice/one check, and one delivery at the back door! Farmers benefit from pooling together to offer more efficient marketing and delivery.
Restaurants, caterers, schools, grocery stores, and other food-based businesses are invited to contact us to learn more about purchasing through the Co-op. Our weekly delivery route currently serves Leelanau, Benzie and Grand Traverse Counties. In June of 2018, we anticipate delivery twice weekly.
What Kinds of Products Are Available via the Co-op?
Winter hoophouse greens, storage crops (e.g. apples, carrots, onions, garlic, potatoes, winter squash, rutabaga, cabbage) eggs, ground beef, breakfast sausage, and whole pigs
Spring hoophouse greens, microgreens, lettuce, radishes, scallions, asparagus, storage crops (e.g. apples, carrots, garlic, rutabaga), eggs, ground beef, breakfast sausage, and whole pigs
Summer salad greens, microgreens, cherry tomatoes, tomatoes (cherry, heirloom, slicing, and hydroponic), cucumbers, scallions, garlic, basil, parsley, zucchini, eggplant, eggs, ground beef, breakfast sausage, whole pigs, sweet cherries, balaton cherries, Montmorency cherries, peaches
Fall apples, salad greens, spinach, microgreens, hot peppers (jalapeno, serrano, poblano), butternut squash (whole, snack sticks), garlic, eggs, ground beef, breakfast sausage, whole pigs, table grapes, pears, nectarines, potatoes (whole, cubed and shredded), onions, leeks, daikon
Why purchase from the MI Farm Cooperative?
- Access: Quality, fresh, local seasonal produce available TWELVE months of the year.
- Convenience: Our online ordering system is open 24/7!
- Efficiency: Less time to buy local, with centralized online store, one invoice/one check system, and one delivery at the back door! Growers benefit from pooling together to offer marketing and delivery.
- Economic: There is no add-on delivery fee. The suggested minimum order per delivery is or $50 /delivery – which is so much easier when buying from many farmers at once!
- Transparency: As a customer, the co-op’s online market place allows customers to select produce from individual member farms, and dig deeper for information about them – including contact information, location, growing practices, and any certifications.
- Environmentally Friendly: Co-op member farms share one delivery route, meaning fewer miles traveled – and less pollution! Think car-pooling for your produce!
- Variety: In addition to traditional produce options, the co-op also offers a variety of “lightly processed” vegetables such as radish sticks, cubed butternut squash, shredded potatoes, and carrot coins.
- Peace of Mind: Our farms are up to date with best practices in food safety.
Thank You to all of our Customers!
Blu, Glen Arbor
9 Bean Rows, Suttons Bay
Sugar2Salt, Traverse City
Tap Root, Traverse City
Leland Public School
Glen Lake Community Schools
Suttons Bay Public Schools
Northport Public Schools
Leelanau Children's Center
The Leelanau School
Frankfort Public Schools
Traverse City Area Public Schools
Grocery Stores & Retail
Anderson's Market, Glen Arbor
Interested in Learning More? Contact us and let us know!
Thank you for supporting our local farms!